Monday, February 27, 2006

Plain old update

I realized I hadn't updated in a while, and although I have pictures, they haven't made it from the camera to the computer, so they will come later.

A week ago Thursday we received our countertop - all cut and ready. Unfortunately we weren't ready, so we're still waiting to install it. Last week the evenings were kind of a write-off. This past weekend was pretty good though. We finished sanding the cupboards and got the first coat of stain on the face frames. It looks so good (and so different)! I'll post the pictures I took as soon as I remember :)

This week the plan is to finish the cupboards (1 more coat of stain and at least 3 coats of varathane). Hopefully by next week we'll install the countertop. I absolutely can't wait to have a stove - I'm lining up my stir-fry and pasta recipes that we haven't been able to eat for 6 months! After the countertop is installed we'll finish the bathrooms so that we can get the rest of our plumbing hooked up - probably within the next month or so. Another big milestone :) Once those things are all hooked up we just have to finish the walls and lay flooring as major projects and then we'll be mostly finished. Getting closer every day :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awesome, way to go!!