Friday, April 21, 2006

Busy night


Well, we had a busy night last night. Peter got the last major coat of crack-fill on the hallway upstairs while I cleaned out the back hallway and tiled over half of it! I was amazed at how quickly they went down since I didn't start actually laying them until around 8. Here is the back hallway when I finished last night. I should be able to lay the rest of the tiles (including the closet) tonight and grout next week - yippee! Notice our trim piece is in place ;) There's a rubber cover that goes to cover the edges of the laminate and tile that we'll put down once I'm done grouting. When I was measuring out last night to make sure we had enough tile (we hadn't originally planned to tile this hallway with those tile) I thought we were 2 tile short! Thankfully I found another box, so we should be good to go tonight.

I have a (bad) picture of the back bedroom / office with the paint on:
When I took the picture last night at 11 I thought it looked more close to reality than it does. Oh well, at least you can see that it's all painted and our desk is set up :)


And a few more pics - these are of the master bath - can't wait until it's finished!

This weekend we are hoping the hallway will get primed, and as I said I'm going to finish tiling the back hallway. Peter is going to get a start on crack-filling the guest room (one in front with two windows). Our time is very limited in the next few weeks, so we have to make the most of every minute!

Oh yeah - our Benjamin Moore store is having the sale on paint so I'm heading up there to pick up the rest of the paint at lunch - yay!



2 comments:

Poppy said...

Love the color of your back bedroom/office...could you share the brand and the color name?

Angela said...

Sure, although the colour didn't come out very true to life in the picture ... The paint is Benjamin Moore and it's called Flowerpot :) It is *very* close to the terra cotta flowerpots (go figure ;) )