Monday, May 09, 2005

Finally some pics!

Before the news - there are a few new pictures on the site - I think the only new ones so far are in the 04-24-2005 folder, but now that I know how to get them down to size I'll add some more tonight. Stay tuned ... **ETA - this is no longer relevant. See the Flickr site for house photos.

On to the news ...

We have a foundation :) The concrete was all poured on Friday, and except for one long crack in the middle (eeks! Oh well, everyone told us to expect it, but it’s still very distressing) it looks really good. There wasn’t much to do over the weekend, as God did the work for us by sending rain to keep the concrete wet. The slower it dries, the stronger the concrete.

Today is the first full-time day of framing, so I’m anxious to see how it’s going. The day apparently got off to a rough start, with Kent’s bringing an old version of the lumber order, so that slowed things down a bit as they had to wait to get the correct stuff. Peter said at lunch time that they wouldn’t have all the walls for the first floor up today, but I’m inferring from that that at least there should be something standing, which is very exciting!

Things are moving very quickly now, so it’s even more important to keep up with this journal. I really don’t want to look back and be unable to remember the process, and the daily ups and downs that went along with it.

Last night Peter and I were up until after midnight working on diagrams of the walls of the first floor. Hopefully they have come in handy today; allowing the carpenters (Peter, his Dad, and my Dad) to just measure and cut instead of figuring out all the measurements at the site. Peter said he’s going to tell me they were useful whether they were or not since we stayed up so late working on them! We were up at 5:30 to get Peter to the lot and me to work on time. I think we’ll all crash tonight!

No comments: