Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Details, Details

Work continues at a furious pace as we anxiously await a call from the appraiser to schedule the walk-through. I was looking over our list and it is definitely possible to finish by the end of the weekend. We may also have some of the things checked off our "unfinished" list. I am going to scratch item 4 off the "to finish" list (painting the nursery closet) as you honestly can't tell it's not painted, and there are other things to be done that will make a bigger difference - like painting the marred wall in our bedroom (the white crack-fill really stands out on the raspberry-coloured walls!)

Last night was a productive night. Peter got the door to the electrical room installed along with most of the trim for that door (check off part of number 3 from "to finish") and almost finished installing the closet door in the nursery (from the "unfinished" list!).

I painted the first coat on two more windows in the living room. I only have 4 more to go - 2 upstairs and 2 on the main floor. I also did a bit of touch-up crack-filling on one wall in our bedroom that I had to repaint anyway.

For tonight, I'm not sure what Peter's planning on working on (although I know he has lots to choose from). I'm planning to prime the wall in our bedroom and paint the last two windows on the main floor.

At lunch I headed to the hardware store to pick up covers for our air exchanger pipes (details, details) along with our last interior door (for the nursery) and the door for our closet. The doors should be delivered tomorrow.

Peter has been doing an awesome job on the trim - I can't believe how quickly it's going!

One last detail. Peter's Dad gave us some money for Christmas, with which we decided to purchase a nice mirror for the master bath. The one we'd been using just wasn't cutting it - even I had to bend over to see in it as it was just resting on the counter. Now we have a beautiful 3' x 5' mirror hanging over our vanity - it makes the whole room look so much bigger. The one we were using in our bathroom I will install in the main floor half-bath.

Our friend, Trevor, is also buying our leftover hardwood flooring from us today - yay for extra cash *and* more space in the electrical room :)

I will try to get some pictures tonight!

No comments: