Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Here's where it all begins

Peter had a wonderful idea that we should keep an online journal tracking our progress through this adventure called building a house. Since I have a bit more free time (hehe) I thought I would be the one to try and keep it up to date. Plus it's always fun to recap what's going on in your life.

So ... on to house details.

Yesterday was the day we officially "broke ground" on the house. The excavator came in and removed most of the stumps and moved our driveway and culvert to the higher portion of the land. We also met with the bank, which was nerve-wracking - it's always scary asking someone for money. We had a little glitch there since I'm still in my original 6-month probation period at my job, but we're praying that everything will be approved. We should find out by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. After that it *should* be smooth sailing.

We were going to bring in some rock for the driveway, dig the hole for the foundation, and bring in rock for under the slab today, but since it's snowing (eeks!) we had to put a halt to that. Hopefully by tomorrow we can get back to work (and by we - I mean Peter's dad - he's helping us out alot by supervising at the lot during the day when we can't be there).

Since this is my first post, I'm going to try and keep it relatively short (I tend to be long-winded) and I'm going now to try and post some pictures I took yesterday. Wish me luck!

No comments: