Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Getting there ...

Sorry this picture is so dark. This is what Peter spent his evening working on last night - the wall that goes underneath our bar counter eventually. This wall will hold all the plumbing for our sink and dishwasher, so it needs to be in place by tomorrow - I can't believe the plumbers are coming tomorrow! He spent most of the evening building it, and will level it tonight. Having the wall in place really helps me to see what it will eventually look like - it looks great :)



This is where I spent my evening - on my hands and knees like Cinderella ;) I prepped and grouted the floor in the half-bath last night. It's hard to tell, but the walls have been painted - the same colour as the front wall in our living room for anyone who's actually been there. As you can see by the nice patina-like haze on the tiles I have some more washing to do tonight before the plumbers come (have I mentioned they're coming tomorrow? lol). I also have to get another coat of paint on the walls. All in all I have an "easy" night tonight. I guess I still have to clean out the dishwasher - I've been storing my clean dishes inside to keep them out of the dust. I want to make sure the kitchen area is all cleaned up before the plumbers come.



I also want to say a big "Thank You!" to Dale from church. He came over yesterday while we were at work and chopped all our firewood that we had sitting in 8' lengths! I have no idea how quantities of wood are measured - but we really appreciate the help. Thank you so much! Not much of it has to be split as it is mostly from smaller trees, so now I'll be stacking as soon as we can find the time.

Time to get to work and watch the clock tick away the hours until we have plumbing in the kitchen ...

No comments: