Thursday, March 23, 2006

Waiting with bated breath ...

I'm sure everyone's waiting anxiously to hear about our lovely plumbing that was installed yesterday. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a little longer :( The plumbers did come yesterday and do some work but didn't actually perform the final connections to the sink / bathroom / dishwasher.

However, one thing we did notice is that there is no pipe in the half-bath for the incoming water to the toilet - a fairly major oversight I think! Peter was talking to them today and they're still not exactly sure how they're going to take care of that, but they do have one possible solution that doesn't involve ripping out my newly-painted wall. The situation is complicated by the fact that the most logical place to run the pipe would be through an outside wall, which is a big 'no-no' in plumbing apparently.

And now for the good news: I have it on good authority (Peter's) that he saw the water actually running and draining in my kitchen sink when he went out to take a look at lunch. So ... looks like I'll have new pictures later on tonight! Peter's going to try his hand at a bit of electrical work to finish hooking up the dishwasher when he gets home so I'll let you know how that goes as well. My Dad is arriving tonight to rest and put his feet up (at least, that's what he told me this morning!) - actually, I think he's going to be doing some crack-filling over the next couple of days, for which we're very grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, we did the same thing. Lucky for us that we discoverd that we forgot to run water for the toilet on the main floor before the sheetrock went in. These are the stories that are much better later, once the problem is solved ;-). Good luck getting the line run in.