Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Confession time ....

So, despite having a long weekend, I did not accomplish what I wanted to on Friday night. *gasp* I have a good excuse, though, at least for not doing it on Friday night. Friday after work, Peter dropped me off at home and headed back into work. I diligently measured and cut the tile for the entryway, then spent 45 minutes scraping off the excess mortar that didn't quite get removed when I cleaned up last time. Then I went outside to get the buckets that we use for mixing the mortar .... and I thought .... where is the drill? We need the drill to mix the mortar, and it was ... in the car .... with Peter at work. *sigh* So, I couldn't actually lay the tiles, although I did get a fair amount of prep done. I could have done them any of the other days this weekend, but I didn't - no excuse there.

I did get as many windows and doors as possible insulated on Friday night (I ran out of foam), so that was great.

Saturday we put some more siding on the garage, although we were missing some special trim pieces so didn't get finished. We're going to try and pay the guy we bought the siding from to finish it. It's just too cold. Peter also put some of our Christmas lights up! It is our first Christmas with outdoor lights - I'm so excited! We'll have to get the rest of them up this weekend in time for December 1st :)

Last night was the most exciting of all the stuff we got done on the weekend. We finally took the plunge and cut out all the side panels for the kitchen cabinets. We also got measurements for the bottoms, and Peter put together his new jointer (needed for making the frames). Thursday night we'll hopefully get the bottoms cut, and Friday night we'll start the frame that the bottom cabinets sit on. Things don't seem quite as scary now that we've started. Looks like by next week we'll be getting ready to assemble!

No comments: