Friday, November 18, 2005

Keeping myself accountable ...

So ... motivation has been lacking this week toward getting work done on the house! Since Peter's not home tonight and it would be really easy to plunk myeslf on the couch and not get anything done, I thought I'd post my goals for tonight and then I'll have to check in next week to say whether they were accomplished or not.

One goal for this evening is to (finally) put the last 3 tiles in the middle of the entryway. Yes, I've been languishing for over a week on putting three tiles in! I'll hopefully have enough mortar mixed to put in a few more outside the border, but I'm only requiring myself to get those three tiles set.

The second and last goal is to clean out around the windows and doors and spray the foam insulation in them. I don't mind putting the insulation in at all - it's sucking out all the sawdust first that's less fun. I want to get as many done as I can with the 4 cans of foam I have.

That's it for tonight. The quicker I can get those two things done, the quicker I can plunk myself on the couch and veg.

Tomorrow the plan is to completely finish siding the garage (déjà vu!) and get the knobs and locks on a couple of doors. If we have time we'd like to get the Christmas lights up on the eaves as well, but we'll see ;)

Keep me accountable! I'll let you know how I made out on Monday.

No comments: