Monday, January 23, 2006

On a more upbeat note ...

I didn't like looking at the title of my last post when I logged on. It seemed like too much of a downer!

Another weekend has passed, and we did well with keeping on track. Friday night we had a minor setback, as one of the boxes had warped a bit, and wouldn't pull together with the screws we had been planning on using. So ... what do you do when all else fails? Use lots of glue of course! Peter spread glue over the whole side of the cupboard and then we clamped them together overnight (it seems to have worked ...). Peter also jointed and planed several more boards for the face frames on Friday night while I cut out the two tiles to go around the toilet pipe in the main bath. They look pretty good if I do say so myself!

Saturday we got another back on a corner cabinet, we finished planing the boards for the face frames, put together another set of face frames, and I sanded the glue off one of the corner cupboards.

I was looking back over our goals for January and we'd better pick up the pace! They're still possible, so it would be great if we could accomplish them. Tonight and Wednesday we're busy, but the rest of the evenings and weekend should be good to go.

My goals for the week:
- Finish assembling the base cabinets including face frames.
- Finish laying tile in master bath
- Finish sanding and staining corner cupboards
- Post some pictures ;)

No comments: