Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Will it ever end?

I had a time of discouragement yesterday, where I started feeling like this construction process is never going to end. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, these feelings of hopelessness aren't much fun. I'm mostly over that today and anxious to get back to work :)

Last weekend Peter routed the backs of the cabinet boxes in order to easily install the backs (not cut out yet - that will be this weekend). I spent some time cutting some of the more ... interesting ... tile squares that need to go in our bathroom. These are the tiles around the pipes. Thanks to Dad for the use of his wet saw - I'm a pro now for when you want to lay some tile in your house. I still have a few more tiles to cut, and hopefully I'll get them laid shortly. It will be nice to finish the flooring in another room of the house.

Peter and I are both busy tonight. Tomorrow night will be devoted to cutting out the back panels for the cupboards. Friday night I'm busy for a couple of hours, but we should hopefully be able to get the backs done by the end of the evening. Then on Saturday we're back to the jointer / planer combo (otherwise known as major sawdust creators!) to get the wood ready for the last few face frames.

I know I've been saying this for a while, but it really does look like we'll be ready to order the countertop early next week ;) My time estimates haven't been that wrong, it's just that we needed to have the cabinets closer to "finished" than I thought we did in order to take measurements for the countertop. So ... by this time next week we should be talking countertop colours, and then the mad dash to finish (stain and varnish) the cupboards is on to beat the arrival of the countertop (takes 2 weeks from order to delivery).

No comments: